Sapadilla’s plant-based, biodegradable, ecofriendly cleaners are heaven! A dollop of these highly concentrated cleaners can clean everything from your kitchen, floors, bathroom, or your outdoor Adirondack chairs. This eco-cleaner company is knocking green cleaning out of the park. We use our Full Circle home Grunge Buster brush with these highly effective, sugar based products, that are infused with gorgeous essential oils. The office and our homes have never looked or smelled better. Do yourself a favor and pickup this modern, green cleaner for your house, your family and friends will be impressed.
Posts from the ‘Office Awareness’ Category
One of the many green amenities I offer at my properties is composting. When a new company moves into one of my buildings they get a beautiful living orchid and a compost bin to get them started in the right direction.
Since the average American tosses away 4.5 pounds of trash per day, but approximately 25% could be compost. Composting is a critical step in reducing the garbage sent to landfills, which produce methane gas 72% more powerful than carbon dioxide. What a difference we could make to our environment if we could all do something as simple as compost our biodegradable materials. Compostable materials tend to way more than other items that go in the garbage so if your garbage is weighed at each pickup separating it out can possibly save a lot off your bottom line.
Here are some basic steps on starting your office compost program:
- Find a local provider in your area. Google or your local municipality works well to come up with local providers. I am lucky to have an amazing vendor in Seattle called Cedar Grove Compost.
- Reach out to like-minded people and operations to meet with the vendor and discuss how the project would operate. Questions to think about: How many pickups per week, where the bins will be located for pickup, cost, janitorial staff pickup and any challenges to the building layout for service.
- Order the bins that each tenant will need. Amazon offers bins and compostable liners of all sizes, a large bin with a lid for a bigger tenant or smaller stainless steel or plastic kitchen counter bins for coffee grounds and banana peels.
- EDUCATE THE MASSES! Work with your compost vendor, janitorial, and the others that are passionate to educate everyone on what goes in what bin. Plastic is NOT biodegradable! Napkins ARE!
- Launch your program! Continue to monitor use and any contamination. Periodic educational sessions are always great to educate new employees and companies that transition through the property.
For those that have followed the transformation of one of my building lobbies, here is the final product. The overall project consisted of new paint, brighter lights, new furniture from Stylex MG Collection, a cocktail table from Room and Board, Shaw Carpet bound into a rug, and the rearranging of some existing plants. The focal point, a wall of colored canvases bought at the local art store and painted with Benjamin Moore’s Natura Interior Paint cost under $300. The total ecofriendly project came in under $10,000 which was a huge win and a huge improvement.
Energy efficient lighting is literally changing overnight. Previously LED bulbs only contained one light that streamed light pretty directly to the ground and looked streaky. The newer LED bulbs contain three lights which allows the light to span out further. Look at the amazing difference in my elevators. If you were hesitant to use LED lights in the past, fear no more!